It is time that we make common-sense reforms to protect our children and our schools.
Delaware House and Senate Republicans have unveiled a package of legislative proposals aimed at improving overall public safety in Delaware. Our reforms are simple, make sense and have the safety of all of our children at heart. Our legislation has 4 parts.
- A House bill creating the Delaware School Safety and Security Fund for emergency expenditures to improve school safety
- A Senate Concurrent Resolution that will examine implementing a system to allow emergency text messages to be sent to Delaware 9-1-1 call centers
- A House bill requiring the installation of a “crisis button” in each Delaware public school to alert law enforcement when there is an emergency
- A package that will be introduced includes the following firearms-related bills
- A House bill increasing the penalties that relate to the possession of a firearm by a person prohibited
- A Senate bill expanding the crime of “providing a false statement” to include falsely reporting a lost or stolen firearm
- A House bill stiffening the penalties for the use of a firearm during the commission of a crime